THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fresh Market Haul No. 01 & Photog Practice

Well, since yesterday I actually set up my new lighting equipment to shoot for a blog entry (and btw, I snort @ myself when I say “shoot” like I’m some DLC ovah here, haha), I thought I’d practice by capturing some of my other Fresh Market haul that day.. I am always a happy little bug after a solid hour in TFM.

I got these “Little Hands” organic gala apples for the kid’s lunchboxes, since it takes Drake a whole lunch period to eat a regular one. These aren’t really all that much smaller but they aren’t as large as conventional apples.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also got a Granny Pounder – This mammoth Granny Smith weighs a pound in and of itself and it dwarfs a Little Hands apple
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This guy is destined for some caramel dip..

I also got for Drake, some behemoth Navel Oranges
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Then something else caught my eye, while in the citrus section.. The ugliest citrus I had ever seen. Indeed, it was called “Ugli Fruit”. As I was tossing it around, analyzing it’s weight, some old bitties walked past me with their noses crinkled up and asked me “What’s that?!”. “It’s Ugli Fruit”, I replied. “I’d say so..”, they returned. Then they scampered off to the salad counter.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Apparently, this Ugli fruit originates in Jamaica, where it was found growing in the wild. It is described as a cross between a grapefruit and a tangerine and is reported easy to peel.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Indeed, it is quite easy to peel. And the flavor of it is spot on. I say, I could and would eat it in a box with a fox. My only complaint is that the membrane on the thing is sooo thick. I simply peeled off as much as it as I could. The pulp is quite large as well..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lastly, I picked up some of this..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It’s called Vivaloe and it’s peach flavored aloe juice. It’s clear for the most part, aside from the transparent pulp. Much more appetizing looking than the green funky stuff I found in the local tienda. Aloe juice is purported to assist with digestive issues and help skin look more radiant and hydrated. Had some apprehension about tasting it but I was pleasantly surprised. It tastes like peach propel water with chunks of watery refreshing pulp. I give a thumbs up.

And this is the lighting set I got for Christmas. Not sure I’m using it correctly. Sorta just winging it but I’m slowly figuring things out. Tanks Mawm!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments: